Start Windows OS in Safe Mode
You may not be able to install or run Quicken in Windows normal boot mode and may need to boot into Safe Mode to either install Quicken or remove the conflicting application.
To start Windows 10 in Safe Mode:
- Click the Windows Start menu.
- Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and select the Power option, then click Restart.
- Select Troubleshoot from the options presented.
- Select Advanced options then Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- A numbered list will be provided with reboot options. Press the number key on your keyboard for Safe Mode.
- Once your computer boots, the corners will indicate the system is running in Safe Mode.
To start Windows 7 in Safe Mode:
- Click the Windows Start menu, choose Shut Down, choose Restart or Restart the Computer, and then click OK or Yes.
- As soon as your computer begins to restart, tap the F8 key on your keyboard once every second until you reach the Advanced Options menu.
- Select Safe Mode and press Enter.
- Press Enter to select your operating System.
- Once your computer boots, you will see a window letting you know you are in safe mode. Close it.
To install Quicken in Selective Startup, go here.