Tell me about transferring money online
If you're signed up for Direct Connect and your financial institution supports it, you can transfer money between two online accounts that have the same customer ID number and are at the same financial institution.
This section of help covers only online transfers as described above. To record other types of transfers in Quicken, see Transferring money between accounts.
What can I do?
- Create an online transfer
- Find out if an online transfer has been completed
- Cancel an online transfer
What do I need to know before getting started?
- Two online accounts at the same Direct Connect financial institution.
- A checking account and a credit card account at the same financial institution (if your financial institution allows this). When you transfer money out of a credit card account, it's considered a cash advance. When you transfer money into a credit card account, it's considered a payment.
- Transfer money between online accounts at different financial institutions.
- Transfer money between accounts that have different customer ID (or Social Security) numbers.
- Schedule a transfer ahead of time; the transfer instruction is processed on the day you send it (or the next business day, at the latest).
- Transfer money online using Express Web Connect, Web Connect, or manual accounts.
Rules for transferring money online
You can transfer money between: