Unlink a data file from an Intuit ID
When you "unlink" a data file from an Intuit ID, your data is no longer synced between your desktop data file and the mobile devices that use the same Intuit ID. Unlinking does not delete your Intuit ID, nor does it delete any of your data stored in the Quicken Cloud.
Why you might want to do this:
- You can't remember the password for your Intuit ID, and you can't reset your password because you don't have access to the email account that you're using.
- You want to use your Intuit ID with a different data file.
- Choose Edit menu > Preferences.
- In the left pane, select Intuit ID, Mobile & Alerts.
- In the right pane, under Mobile & Alerts, click Unlink your Cloud Data.
- In the Unlink your Cloud Data dialog, type yes, and then click Unlink to confirm the action.
If you would rather delete all your data on the Quicken cloud and start over, delete your cloud data instead.