Using the Quicken Help Files
Quicken Help provides in-product comprehensive assistance without the need of an internet connection. To use the Help files within a specific window, press the F1 key, which opens the Help files relevant to that window. That is to say, if you are in your account register and need a hand with something specific to your register, you can press F1 and help specific to account registers will open.
Not all windows have Help files associated with them. If you do not find the Help topic using the F1 key:
- From the Quicken Help menu, choose Quicken Help.
- There are two tabs to choose from:
- Contents: Use this tab for general information about Quicken. This is a general outline of what is contained in the Quicken Help files. Double-click any item to see what is contained in that area or to find a specific Help file.
- Search Quicken Help: Use this tab if you would like to see all Help topics containing a particular word or phrase. Type a word related to a Quicken capability, and all Help files containing that information is displayed.
- Click the Print this topic link at the bottom if you would like to print any Help file topics for your own records.
There are other help options, too, which require an internet connection
Live Community - A place where you can learn and share with other Quicken users by asking and answering Questions questions while managing your personal finances.
- From the Quicken Help menu, choose Live Community.
Quicken Support - Quicken support offers a Google-like search to find answers to all of your Quicken questions.
- From the Quicken Help menu, choose Quicken Support or Product and Customer support.