Why do I need to sign up for a credit score again? What is VantageScore?
After you have updated your Quicken software and transitioned from the Intuit ID to the Quicken ID, you will be prompted to re-register for certain Quicken features.
The prompt will be similar to the sample pictured here.
- Click the Register button in the prompt.
- In the form, enter your personal details including your social security number.
- Click the Continue button
If you have registered already but you are trying to view your credit score on a new data file, follow these steps:
- After creating the new data file, click the Credit Score button at the bottom of the Accounts Bar.
- Verify your Social Security number.
- Click Continue.
Why do I have to register for a credit score again?
When trying to view your credit score after an update, you may see this message:
As part of Quicken's separation from Intuit, we're changing the credit score model Quicken uses to the VantageScore credit score model based on Equifax data.
Because of this change, you will need to sign up for a credit score again with this new VantageScore product. This registration is considered a soft inquiry, and does not affect your credit score.
You can find more information here.