New mobile photo feature stores receipts, simplifies managing expenses on-the-go
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – Oct. 7, 2013 – Understanding the basics of their money can make all the difference for individuals and families. For 30 years, Intuit Quicken®, the No-1 rated personal money management software, has helped people make sense of their dollars. Quicken for Windows 2014, now available from Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU), helps people manage their money and build their financial know-how.
New features, including letting users snap pictures of receipts on their iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices and easily keep track of purchases, makes Quicken 2014 the most complete solution for people who want to take control of their money, whether they’re struggling to pay rent, budgeting to pay their monthly bills or saving for a home.
And with individuals and families trying to maintain a financial foothold in an uncertain economy, Quicken 2014 is more useful than ever. Quicken research shows that among American consumers:
- One in three admits to losing sleep over money woes.
- 15 percent avoid opening bills because they know they won’t be able to pay.
- 16 percent rack up fees, such as late payment charges on credit card bills. One in four pays late each month.
As it has for three decades, Quicken can help Americans gain a stronger financial footing, whether they’re new to money management and trying to get ahead or planning for the future.
“It was a constant battle to find enough money to pay bills, let alone try to save,” said Sandy Ramos, a waitress and part-time student in Oceanside, CA. “But last year, I started using Quicken and I could see right away where my money was going. It was a big step for me to take control of my spending. Now I check my balance on my phone all the time and I feel really good about the path I’m on.”
Picture This: New Features
The ability to snap pictures of receipts and organize and store them in the cloud leads the list of new features and product enhancements. Customers using the Quicken 2014 companion app on mobile phones or tablets can sync a receipt to a specific bank or credit card transaction across desktop and mobile devices. The new feature eliminates paper clutter and helps users keep records of important purchases and more easily track tax-deductible donations.
The feature also helps customers save warranty information and makes it easier to return purchases.
Other enhancements let customers:
- Make smart money decisions on-the-go: The free Quicken 2014 mobile companion app for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android devices provide immediate anytime, anywhere access to checking, savings and credit card account information, enabling users to instantly see whether they’re within their budget. The data syncs between a user’s mobile device and their Quicken 2014 software in seconds.
- Easily manage bills: Stay ahead of bills by adding and viewing bill reminders directly from the Quicken register. Users can track upcoming bills and projected balances and determine where they stand with their money. Users can also pay bills from their register. Additional fees may apply.
- Receive timely alerts and bill reminders: Low balance? Over budget? Unusual activity? Quicken 2014 proactively delivers nine types of email and text alerts to help users keep up to date with their finances. Users can also receive a weekly or monthly summary of accounts.
Quicken 2014 continues to offer financial tools to help users plan for today and tomorrow:
- See all accounts in one place: Say goodbye to multiple sites, spreadsheets, passwords and statements. See checking, savings, credit card, loan investment and retirement accounts at a glance. Current balances and transactions are automatically and securely downloaded from the user’s bank.
- Budget more accurately: Set up budgets for variable monthly or seasonal expenses such as entertainment, dining out or holiday shopping. Rollover-enabled budgeting lets users move left-over money into the next month.
- Create savings goals: The “Your Savings Goal” page and debt reduction tool helps track progress toward specific targets, such as taking a vacation or building an emergency fund. An easy-to-read chart lists all contributions made toward your goal.
“Quicken 2014 reflects our ongoing commitment to help people manage their money in the way that’s right for them,” said Barry Saik, senior vice president for Intuit Quicken. “Quicken 2014 provides anytime, anywhere access and is ideal for people who want to stay on top of their day-to-day finances – whether that’s paying off debt, balancing a budget or planning for life changes like education and retirement.”
Pricing and Availability
The full Quicken 2014 product line includes access to the Quicken 2014 mobile companion app:
- Quicken Starter Edition: For people with simple money management needs; helps them get organized and learn how to budget. $39.99.
- Quicken Deluxe: For those who want to save more; helps create custom budget, savings and debt reduction plans. $74.99.
- Quicken Premier: For those who manage investments and want to plan for tax time. $104.99.
- Quicken Home & Business: For people who want to manage their business and personal finances in the same place. $114.99.
- Quicken Rental Property Manager: For rental property owners who want to manage their personal and rental property finances in one place. $164.99.
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. creates business and financial management solutions that simplify the business of life for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals.
Its flagship products and services include QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, which make it easier to manage small businesses and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. Mint.com provides a fresh, easy and intelligent way for people to manage their money, while Demandforce® offers marketing and communication tools for small businesses. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had revenue of $4.2 billion in its fiscal year 2013. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.