Do I have to store my data in the Cloud?
No. The Quicken software program and your data file are installed and stored locally on your computer. If you choose to use the Quicken Mobile app or access Quicken on the Web, you need to enable syncing across platforms by opting in.
Will the new version of Quicken convert my existing Quicken data?
Yes. The new release of Quicken works just the same as previous Quicken products; after you install the new release on your computer, you’ll be prompted to convert your existing Quicken file to the new version. If you prefer, you can also start a brand new Quicken file.
If your data file was created with a version of Quicken older than 2010, see this FAQ for more details on how to convert your file.
Can I use the Quicken on more than one computer?
Yes. You can install Quicken on as many computers as needed in the same household. Each installation will be registered to your Quicken ID. We do not recommend sharing data files on a network/cloud drive.
What is the Quicken ID?
All Quicken products use the Quicken ID. The Quicken ID is the ID you’ll use to access all Quicken applications, including Quicken for Windows, Quicken for Mac, Quicken on the Web, Quicken Mobile, and Quicken.com. If you don’t already have a Quicken ID, you’ll be prompted to create one when you install and open Quicken. You can still use Quicken manually if you prefer, however, you will need to go online to register your Quicken ID at least once.
What is Quicken Home & Business (available for Windows only)?
Home & Business is a new Quicken version that combines the features of the previously separate Home and Business & Rental Property Manager versions. New enhancements to this version are the ability to create Rent Receipts for tenants, a revamped Invoice Designer that enables you to customize and email invoices with web links, like your business website, Yelp, or PayPal. You can also manage all of your business and rental documents, like receipts or leases, from inside of Quicken.
Which products include free features like Bill Pay and Dropbox Backup?
To see our entire product lineup, including features and cost, please see our comparison chart.
What’s new in Quicken?
To see what’s new in Quicken, please see our What’s New page.
What are the system requirements for Quicken?
- Computer: 1 GHz or higher
- Operating System: Minimum Windows 7, 8/8.1, or 10
- Memory: Minimum 1 GB Memory
- Hard Disk Space: Minimum 450 MB free disk space; 1.5 GB if .NET is not installed
- Monitor: 1024x768 or higher screen resolution, 1280x1024 minimum for Large Fonts settings
- Internet Connection: Broadband internet connection recommended
- Online access is required for activation
- Computer: Intel Based Macintosh
- Operating Systems: Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave) or newer
- Display: 1280x800 or greater
- Internet Connection: Broadband
- Online access is required for activation
- iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad: Requires iOS 9 or higher
- Android mobile and tablet: Requires 4.1 or higher
- Windows Phone and Blackberry: Not compatible at this time
Quicken on the Web:
- Quicken on the Web supports the current version of Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari
Is there a trial version of Quicken? I’d like to try it out.
There is no trial version of Quicken, but we do have a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Can I install Quicken on my tablet?
Quicken is for your desktop or laptop computer, so you can’t install the full version of Quicken on your mobile devices. However, the free Quicken companion mobile app is available for iPad and Android tablets. The mobile app is available for iOS devices from iTunes and for Android devices from Google Play.
What is Quicken on the Web?
Quicken on the Web is a companion browser experience to your desktop Quicken product. We built this in response to customer feedback that accessing Quicken on the Web would offer ease and convenience. With Quicken on the Web, you’re able to accomplish many key tasks:
- View balances, budgets, accounts, and transactions
- See spending trends by category, payee, and more
- Monitor investment performance with up-to-the-minute portfolio value
- Search and see details of past expenses
- Keep your finances continually up to date: your accounts sync across desktop, web, and mobile
All in a fresh and streamlined user experience to simplify your financial life. More on Quicken on the Web
Is Quicken a subscription product?
Quicken is now a subscription product, called a Quicken membership. We’ve moved to this model to ensure that all of our customers are on the latest, greatest version of Quicken. Rather than wait for an annual upgrade to provide improvements and fixes, we now have regular releases throughout the membership term, creating a better experience for our customers. The membership is designed so that you never go through the upgrade process again. In addition to Online Services, such as downloading transactions from your bank or syncing to your mobile device, you’ll also automatically receive new Quicken features, versions, and services as part of your Quicken subscription, so you’ll always have the newest product. Quicken offers one and two year term subscriptions.
How do I manage my Quicken subscription membership?
You can manage your Quicken membership in the My Account section of Quicken.com. When you log in with your Quicken ID, you can see your product version, your date of activation, and your subscription expiration date. You can also manage your subscription renewal settings and your account settings, such as your Quicken ID and password".