What to do if my bank is not listed when I try to add an account in Quicken for Mac?
When you're creating an account in Quicken for Mac, you may not be able to find your financial institution on the available list; there could be a couple of reasons for this:
- Your financial institution isn't available for use with Quicken. If this is the case, you will need to manually add your account and transactions to Quicken.
- Quicken financial institution list may need to be updated. Follow the steps below to update the financial institution list in Quicken.
To refresh the Financial Institution list, follow these steps:
- Click on Accounts at the top of your screen, then select New, and choose the account type (or one of the account types) you want to add (for example: Checking, Savings, Credit Card).
- Click on My bank is not on the list at the bottom left corner of the Add [account type] window.
- Click the Update List button to start the refresh process.
- Click Show List when the update is complete.
- Search for your financial institution again.
If your financial institution is still missing after updating the Financial Institution list, your bank may not yet be supported by Quicken. If you want Quicken to be supported, you will need to contact your financial institution directly, and tell them you'd like to download your accounts into Quicken.