Converting a Standard Investment Account to a 401(k) or an IRA Account
Note: This process only applies to Quicken data files that have been from converted from Quicken 2006 or older.
To convert a standard investment account to a 401(k) or an IRA account:
- From the Quicken Tools menu, choose Account List.
- Select the account you want to change, and then click the Edit button.
- Within Account Details, verify that the Yes option is selected for Tax Deferred, and then click OK.
- In the Account List window, click the Minimize button, and then click the Overview tab of the account.
- Within the Account Attributes section, click the Convert to a 401k or IRA? link.
- In the Convert your tax-deferred investment account window, select the appropriate option button:
- If you selected the 401k option, click OK, then complete the requested information in the Additional 401(k) Information window, and then click OK.
- If you selected the IRA option, click OK.
Note: Transactions in the account register will not be affected. This change is not reversible. This only applies to standard investment accounts; for example, an IRA account can not be changed to a 401(k).