Error: Sign in problem
When using Quicken Bill Presentment Services, you may receive the following message:
Sign in problem.
Quicken was unable to process the request because the login information that you have entered is incorrect.
This error is typically caused by either of the following:
- Incorrect or invalid sign in credentials entered in Quicken.
- If your password doesn't meet the requirements posted on your biller's website.
A good example of this is a requirement that the password contain between 8-12 characters, but you enter 13 characters. Your biller's website has the ability to simply stop "reading" the characters at 12 (ignoring the 13th) but Quicken must hard-stop at that 12th character.
Verify your login credentials:
- Close out of Quicken.
- Verify your login information:
- Start > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad to open a new, blank TXT document (please do not use Microsoft Word or any other text/document application that provides formatting & spell-check capabilitie)
- Type the User Name & Password/PIN you use to log into your biller's website
- Go to the biller's website & Copy/Paste the User Name and Password lines from the Notepad into the appropriate login fields on the website to confirm they successfully log you in.
- Launch Quicken Copy/Paste the password from Notepad into the password fields.
If it still doesn’t work, please consider updating your account within the next few hours or the next business day.