How do I change the home currency?
When you install Quicken it is set up to use only one currency, called the home currency. You may want to change the Quicken home currency if, for example, you relocate to another country but continue using your existing Quicken accounts.
When you change to a new home currency, all exchange rates in the Currency List and the Edit Currency window are expressed relative to the new home currency.
Also, when you create a new account, Quicken enters the home currency in the Currency field in the New Account Information window. (You can select a different currency from the drop-down list.)
- Choose Tools menu > Currency List.
- Select the currency you want to use as your home currency.
- Click Home.
- Click OK to confirm that you want to change to a new home currency.
- To change currencies, you must have already enabled Quicken for multicurrency support.
- Currency display can also be affected by the Regional Options selected in your Windows Control Panel.