How do I change a transaction in a transaction report or graph
In transaction reports, you can change a category or tag, rename a payee, add a memo, or delete a transaction. If you're modifying a transaction report with investment transactions, you can also resolve the placeholder entries identified by asterisks.
1. Display the transaction report.
2. Select the transaction that you want to change.
- Can I change several transactions at one time?
Yes. Use CTRL+click or SHIFT+click to select multiple transactions.
3. In the upper-left corner of the report, click Edit, and choose the action you want to perform.
- What if I don't see an Edit button?
The Edit button in available only in Transaction, Itemized Categories, Itemized Payees, Schedule C (Home & Business only), Tax Schedule, and Tax Summary reports. To change transactions in another type of report, you have two options:
4. Confirm the deletion or select the change you want to make.
5. Click OK to apply the change to the selected transaction in the report as well as the corresponding transaction in the register.
To change transactions in nontransaction reports, or to change items not available from the Edit button in the upper-left corner of the report, you have two options: