How do I delete or void a check in Quicken?
As necessary, you can edit or delete checks before they're printed. If you need to edit or delete a check after you've printed it, we recommend you void the check and enter a new transaction. This helps keep your check numbers in order.
- When you delete a check, Quicken removes the transaction from the register and recalculates all subsequent balances. You can't get the transaction back. Consider voiding a check instead.
- When you void a check, Quicken removes the dollar amount of the transaction and inserts the word VOID before the payee name. Quicken also adds an R to the Clr field so that the transaction won't interfere with reconciling. If the transaction contains split amounts, Quicken changes each amount to zero.
1. Choose Tools menu > Write and Print Checks.
2. Select the check that you want to void or delete in the list at the bottom of the window.
- To delete the check1. Click the Action icon (the round circle with arrow on it) on the same line as the check, and then choose Delete.
2. Click OK to confirm that you want to delete the check.
- To void the check1. Click the Action icon (the round circle with arrow on it) on the same line as the check, and then choose Void.
2. Click Record Check.
Don't void online payment instructions. If you do, Quicken can't get the confirmation number it needs to stop the payment. Cancel the online payment instruction instead.