How do I delete or void a check in Quicken?
As necessary, you can edit or delete checks before they're printed. If you need to edit or delete a check after you've printed it, we recommend you void the check and enter a new transaction. This helps keep your check numbers in order.
- When you delete a check, Quicken removes the transaction from the register and recalculates all subsequent balances. You can't get the transaction back. Consider voiding a check instead.
- When you void a check, Quicken removes the dollar amount of the transaction and inserts the word VOID before the payee name. Quicken also adds an R to the Clr field so that the transaction won't interfere with reconciling. If the transaction contains split amounts, Quicken changes each amount to zero.
- Choose Tools menu > Write and Print Checks.
- Select the check that you want to void or delete in the list at the bottom of the window.
To delete the check
- Click the Action icon (the round circle with an arrow in it) on the same line as the check, and then choose Delete.
- Click OK to confirm that you want to delete the check.
To void the check
- Click the Action icon (the round circle with an arrow in it) on the same line as the check, and then choose Void.
- Click Record Check.
Don't void online payment instructions. If you do, Quicken can't get the confirmation number it needs to stop the payment. Cancel the online payment instruction instead.