How do I resolve memory problems?
First, verify that your computer meets the system requirements to run your version of Quicken. If your computer meets the system requirements, several other factors could be responsible. For example, Windows system resources may be low, memory may be low, or your hard disk may be low on available space. Here are several tips to improve performance:
- Quit all open programs that you're not using, including Terminate and Stay Resident programs (TSRs).
- Restart your computer, especially if it has been used for a long period of time since it was last started.
- Disconnect any network connections.
- Use Quicken's Start New Year feature to make your data file smaller and more manageable.
- Free up memory by disabling programs in the Windows Startup group.
- Run the ScanDisk utility, followed by the Disk Defragmenter utility.
- Check your available hard drive space.
Some of procedures listed above will vary depending on the version of Windows that you're using. Please refer to your Windows documentation.
If you use hard drive compression software, ScanDisk may not accurately report available drive space. Consult your compression software documentation for additional details.
If these suggestions don't improve performance, or if Quicken runs slowly in certain areas of the program only, additional help is available on the Web at Quicken Support.