How do I turn on auto reconcile?
What is Auto Reconcile?
If your Quicken balance matches your online balance, Quicken can automatically reconcile your transactions. Auto Reconcile automatically brings transactions into your register and marks them with an "R" in the reconcile column, rather than putting them in the Compare to Register window for review.
If the balances don't match, Quicken displays the Reconcile window to help you find the cause of the balance difference.
To turn on Auto Reconcile:
- Open Quicken and go to Tools > Account List
- Click Edit next to the account you want enable for Auto Reconcile
- Go to the Online Services tab, and click on Automatic entry is: Off
- Select Yes and then click OK
- On the bottom of the Online Services tab, make sure there is a check next to Reconcile using online balance; then click OK
After completing these steps, your account will use the Auto Reconcile feature the next time you update transactions in Quicken.
Note: You'll need to complete these steps on each account you want to Auto Reconcile.