How do I use the Property & Debt tab
Use the Property & Debt tab to track the property (what you own) and debt (what you owe) not reflected in your spending or investment accounts. When you add your property and debt accounts to Quicken, youâ€™re increasing the power of Quicken to provide a clear picture of your net worth.
Get started with the Property & Debt tab
- Use the Net Worth page to view your financial bottom line
Quicken calculates your net worth (The difference between the total value of your assets and possessions (such as your home, savings accounts, and investments) and your liabilities (such as your mortgages, credit cards, and school loans). For a corporation, net worth (or stockholder's equity) is the difference between the corporation's total assets and total liabilities on the balance sheet.) by adding the balances of your checking, cash, property and investment accounts (these are your assets), and then subtracting from that total the balances of your credit card and loan accounts (your liabilities).
1. Click the Investing tab.
2. Click the Net Worth button.
3. Filter the accounts, date range, and interval by using the options at the top of the Net Worth page window.
4. Hover over, or click a bar in a graph for more detailed information.
5. Click the Net Worth Summary Report and Account Balances Report buttons below the snapshots to view the information as reports.
- Use the Property page to view your assets
The Property page displays the net value of each of your assets.
1. Click the Property & Debt tab.
2. Click the Property button.
3. Filter the accounts displayed by using the drop-down list at the top of the Property window.
4. To add more properties, click the Property Options button.
5. To link (or unlink) a loan or line of credit to a property, click the green circle next to the property name.
6. If a property has a loan that has not been added to Quicken, click the Add button.
7. Click the Net Value (Equity) dollar amount to view a graph of the value of an asset over time.
- Use the Debt page to view your liabilities
1.Click the Property > Debt tab.
2.Click the Debt button.
3.Filter the accounts, date range, and interval by using the options at the top of the Net Worth page window.
4.To add more loans or credit cards, click the Loan and Debt Options button.
For more information, see: