How do I view holdings in Quicken for Windows?
To view your holdings in an investment account:
- Open the register of your investment account.
- Click the Holdings button.
- A separate pop-up window will display the Holdings.
I prefer to view Holdings rather than investment transactions. How Do I make that my default register view?
Holdings is a separate pop-up window. It cannot be set as the default view of your Portfolio or Investment register. Your Investing > Portfolio View can be customized to display the shares you hold and their current value, as well as other desired information:
- Go to the Investing tab.
- Click on Portfolio.
- Select Show = Value.
- Group By = your desired grouping (Goal, Account, etc.)
- Click Customize.
- Select the columns you want to view.
- Enter a name for this customized view.
- Click OK.
How Do I set Holdings as my Startup view?
Holdings is a separate pop-up window. I cannot be set as the Start-up page in Quicken. You can choose to set the customized Investing>Portfolio View as your Start-up page:
- Follow the Customization steps (above).
- Go to Edit > Preferences > Startup.
- Click the drop-down under Startup Location.
- Select the name you just created for your customized view.