ID Manager Error Using Quicken Mac
When attempting to setup online banking accounts in Quicken Mac 2015 (or newer), Quicken may return an error:
"ID Manager Error -526; the User ID or Password you entered isn't correct"
There are various reasons for this error to occur:
- Incorrect password provided for the Intuit ID
- Multiple aliases for the same email address, each with a different password
- Quicken is unable to verify the Intuit ID being used in the file that is attempting to activate online services
To resolve this error:
- Confirm the email address you're using for the Intuit ID.
- Ensure your Caps Lock is not on.
- Confirm the User ID and Password you're using work at http://quicken.intuit.com to Sign In.
- Try typing your password into a text editor application, to ensure there are no typos, then copy and paste that password into the ID key in your keychain app.
- Try resetting your Intuit ID password by going to http://quicken.intuit.com, clicking Sign In and choose the Forgot Password option.