Make Online Account Updates Faster and Easier
Use One Step Update to connect to your financial institutions and quickly and easily update the transactions and balances of all your online accounts. At the same time you can send online payments, download security prices, and get online software updates -- all with the click of a single button! What makes One Step Update a fantastic feature is that it works with over 12,000 different banks, credit cards, and brokerages. This means that there is a great chance you can use One Step Update with all your accounts, saving you time and keeping your financial records complete and up to date.
To set up One Step Update:
- Choose Tools menu, then select One Step Update.
- In the One Step Update dialog, click Manage My Passwords.
- If you already have a Password Vault set up, Quicken opens the Edit Password Vault dialog.
- If you don't have an existing Password Vault, Quicken displays the Password Vault Setup wizard.
- Select the financial institution for which you want to store a password.
- If you have more than one account at this financial institution, select the customer ID corresponding to the password you want to store.
- Enter and confirm the password you use when connecting to this financial institution.
- If you're in the Password Vault Setup wizard, Quicken prompts you to enter a password.
- If you're in the Edit Password Vault dialog, click Add Password.
- In the Password Vault Setup wizard, Quicken prompts you to enter passwords for each of your One Step Update-activated financial institutions. When you're finished storing passwords, click No.
- In the Password Vault Setup wizard, Quicken prompts you to enter and confirm a master password for the Password Vault.
To update your accounts using One Step Update:
- Choose Tools menu, then select One Step Update > Update Now to update your accounts.
- Quicken prompts you to enter your Password Vault master password. The stored financial institution passwords are filled in automatically.
- Quicken then connects to your financial institutions and updates your data.