How to add a new Quicken Bill Pay account to Quicken
If you are still waiting for confirmation on your account setup from Quicken Bill Pay, you can contact Quicken Bill Pay support for assistance.
Before you begin
- Members should create and activate their Quicken Bill Pay accounts on the Quicken Bill Pay website.
- There is a verification process when enrolling in Quicken Bill Pay. A credit check is completed to avoid fraudulent account setup.
- You may be asked to provide information and documentation to verify your identity. This typically occurs if a lock or freeze has been placed on a credit profile.
- This verification process is required even if you already had a Quicken Bill Pay account in the past. Fraud could still be attempted with a new account regardless if an account has been previously created.
- If you have upgraded to the 2018/2019 Release of Quicken and you have an existing Quicken Bill Pay account with Quicken for Windows (2017 or older) or Quicken for Mac (2016 or older) you will need to cancel that account and create a new one on the new Quicken Bill Pay website; instructions for canceling are here.
After completing this setup, members will then need to add Bill Pay to Quicken desktop. You can use the same Quicken Bill Pay account with both Windows and Mac products.
Quicken for Windows
- From the main menu select Tools > Quicken Bill Pay > Setup Quicken Bill Pay Account.
- Sign in with the new Quicken Bill Pay User ID and password you created at QuickenBillPay.com
- Click the dropdown menu on the screen and select Link to existing Quicken Account and choose the account in Quicken that matches the funding account you set up on Quicken Bill Pay. If you set up multiple funding accounts, you can link all of them now:
- Click Next to finish setup.
You can now use Quicken Bill Pay to pay bills from Quicken. You can use this same bill pay account if you switch to Quicken for Mac.
Quicken for Mac
- From the main menu go to Bill Pay > Quicken Bill Pay > Step 3: Set up Quicken Bill Pay
- Enter the new Quicken Bill Pay User ID you created at QuickenBillPay.com and click OK.
- Enter you Quicken Bill Pay Password and click OK.
- Quicken will connect to the Quicken Bill Pay service and get a list of all funding accounts you set up on QuickenBillPay.com
- Check the funding account you'd like to add and then choose the account in Quicken that matches the funding account you set up on QuickenBillPay.com in the "Links to" dropdown. If you set up multiple funding accounts, you can link all of them now:
- Click Continue to finish setup.
You can now use Quicken Bill Pay to pay bills from within Quicken. You can use this same account if you switch to Quicken for Windows.
Things to know:
- Quicken will automatically recognize if you're eligible for free bill pay after you add your Quicken Bill Pay credentials to Quicken.
- If you switch to Deluxe or Starter, bill pay is no longer free; after 30 days, you will be automatically charged $9.95 per month for bill pay, unless you cancel your bill pay account.
- If you upgrade from a Starter or Deluxe membership to Premier or Home, Business & Rental Property, your bill pay will be automatically upgraded to a free account.