Why do I get "Can't open file" when restoring my Quicken data file from external media?
Quicken for Windows
Quicken for Windows 2014
Quicken for Windows 2015
Quicken for Windows 2016
The properties of your Quicken data file are set to read-only.
- In Windows Explorer, copy your Quicken data file to your hard disk.
- Select the first file that makes up your Quicken data file, right-click it, and choose Properties from the menu.
- In the Attributes area, select the Archive check box, and click to clear the Read-only check box.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the remaining files that make up your Quicken data file.
- Launch Quicken.
- Open the data file you changed the properties for.
Notes: If Quicken can't open your data file when converting from a previous version of Quicken, there are other solutions you can try.