409 Conflict Error in Quicken for Mac
An error 409 occurs when you have more than one account with a bank, and these accounts have different connection methods (for example, Quicken Connect and Direct Connect). To resolve this issue, the accounts need to be connected using the same connection method.
First, deactivate the accounts
- Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts;
- Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution (FI) that are hidden in Lists;
- When complete, go to Accounts > Settings.
- Click on the Downloads tab.
- Click on Disconnect Account.
- Click Done. Do this on each account with this financial institution.
Second, reactivate the accounts using the same connection method
- Select your primary account with this FI to reactivate. Go to Accounts > Settings and click on Connect Account.
- Type the name of this financial institution and make the appropriate selection, then click Options.
- Select the connection type and click Continue. This will reactivate the accounts under the same connection type and eliminate the conflict causing the error.
- Enter your login credentials and click Continue;
- When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI, very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.
- Click Continue, then Finish.