Adding Payment/Deposit in Quicken for Mac
Use the Payment/Deposit sheet to record a payment or deposit to your investing view. Using Payment/Deposit investment type, you can record payment or deposit transactions that are related to investments. You can write and print check, add splits, and attachments too.
To record a payment or deposit transaction
- Open the account you want to use.
- Click the New button from the toolbar.
- Select Payment/Deposit from the Transaction Types list.
- Add the information for:
- Date - Enter the date of payment or deposit.
- Security/Payee -Select a security or payee for the deposit or payment.
- Description - Select a category for the transaction that you are recording.
- Amount -Enter the amount of payment or deposit. Depending upin the categoru selected, Quicken updates your cash balance.
- Check -Enter the check number if you are printing check without a check form. Leave this field blank if you are printing a check on a check form.
- Memo -Enter the note you want to associate with the transaction.
- Tags -Enter the tags that you want to use while searching the transaction.
- To record splits, select the Split tab and add split details for category, tags, transfer, split amount and any notes.
- To add an attachment to the transaction, select Attachments, click the Add attachment button, and select the file you want to attach to the transaction.
- To add details to print on the check, select the Checks tab and add check number, date, payee, address, amount, and any note. Select the "I will print this check" check box if you want to print the check on a check form.
- Click Save when you are done.