View The Intuit ID Password in Keychain (Quicken for Mac)
Quicken for Mac 2015
Quicken for Mac 2016
Quicken for Mac 2017
If you don’t know your Intuit ID Password, you can see if it’s stored in your Keychain on your Mac:
To resolve this issue
- Go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access.app. Open the Keychain Access.app.
- Select Passwords on the left sidebar.
- Double-click the item named Intuit ID (you may need to sort the list by Name and scroll to find this item.)
- If there are multiple items named Intuit ID, double-click on each one and look for the Intuit ID in the Account field.
- Click the Show password checkbox and enter your keychain password when prompted (typically it’s the same as your OS X login password.)
- The password will be shown in the field next to the checkbox. Enter this password in Quicken for Mac when asked for the Intuit ID password when importing the Quicken document (you can even copy-and-paste it.)
If there isn’t a password stored on your keychain, or the password is rejected as incorrect, you can reset your password on the Quicken website here.