Convert Quicken Data Into QuickBooks Data
Before you begin:
Converting your data from Quicken to Quickbooks is a complex process and if you require assistance, you will need to contact QuickBooks Support. Quicken Support is unable to assist with this process.
- Quicken to QuickBooks data conversion is a one-way conversion. Once a QuickBooks conversion has been performed on your Quicken data, the data can no longer be opened in Quicken.
- You should make a backup of your Quicken data prior to any conversion or perform the conversion on a copy of your Quicken data.
- QuickBooks can only convert Quicken for Windows files. If you are a Quicken for Mac user, you will need to convert to a Quicken for Windows file before converting to QuickBooks.
- It is not possible to convert QuickBooks data to Quicken. It is only possible to convert Quicken data to Quickbooks.
- Because of some of the challenges that can come with converting Quicken data to Quickbooks, it may be easier to start from a new file when switching to QuickBooks.
To convert your data:
Quicken data (Windows or Mac) can be converted to QuickBooks using the data converter built into the QuickBooks software. Complete information is available on the QuickBooks support site. For QuickBooks Online, go here. For QuickBooks Desktop, go here.