Deactivate Online Banking Services for a Quicken Account
Deactivating online banking service(s) removes the account from Update Now or One Step Update. In certain cases you'll need to deactivate an online banking service that uses a specific connection method and then reactivate using a different connection method in order to use specific online payment service providers. Additional help that compares the different connection methods is available.
Deactivate a Quicken for Windows account
- Select the Tools menu and select Account List.
- In the Account List, select the account for which you want to deactivate online services, and then click Edit.
- In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
- Click Deactivate next to the service you want to disable.
- Click Yes to the message asking if you want to disable this service. Note: If you do not receive this message, additional information is available below
- Click OK to the confirmation message.
- (optional) If you do not intend to reactivate, contact your financial institution to cancel any fees they may charge for access to Quicken online services. Deactivating the account in Quicken will not normally stop the service fee.
If you have an investment account that is linked to a cash account, you need to deactivate the online services from the investment account which will automatically deactivate the linked cash account.
Deactivating a Quicken for Mac Account
- Click on the account name in the bar down the side of Quicken Mac
- Click the Settings gear icon in the bottom right corner
- Click the Troubleshooting button
- Click the Deactivate Downloads button
- Click Save
How do I reactivate online services on an account after I've deactivated?
You can find the steps to reactivating an account by clicking here.
What if Quicken tells me to accept downloaded transactions before deactivating online services?
Quicken will not deactivate online services if you have not accepted all downloaded transactions. Verify that you have accepted all transactions.
- Open the account register and select the Downloaded Transactions tab at the bottom of the register. If there are not any transactions listed, skip to step 3.
- Accept all transactions and then follow the steps above to deactivate online services.
- Select the Tools menu and select Online Center.
- Select the appropriate financial institution and account.
- Select Transactions.
- If transactions are listed, click Compare to Register and accept the transactions.
- If no transactions are listed or Compare to Register does not allow you to accept the transactions, additional information is available on the support site.