Error 102 While Adding or Updating an Account in Quicken for Mac
You may receive one of the following messages while attempting to add an account in Quicken for Mac:
- Error: 102 Add
- Error: 102 Connect
Error 102 is displayed when a bank is selected that is unavailable; or you have changed your sign-in information with your financial institution and the new credentials are not carried over to Quicken.
First, wait and try again the following day
It's possible that your bank is simply unavailable for a short time. Wait 24 hours and try again.
Second, use the Go To Bank feature to log into your bank's website
To use the Go To Bank button:
- Open Quicken.
- Choose the Accounts menu > New, then select the account you want to create.
- Choose your bank from the list and click Continue.
- Enter your sign-in info and click Continue.
- If you get the error again, click Go to Bank.
- At your bank's website, try to log in. Then navigate to the transactions in one of the accounts you're trying to add.
What if I could not sign into my bank's website?
If you couldn't sign in from the website that opened when you clicked Go To Bank, the next thing to do is to try bank names similar to yours. This would be necessary if two accounts you usually access from the same website are available under different names on our list.
For example, from the USAA website, you might see your USAA checking and mortgage accounts listed together. But from within Quicken, you may need to:
- Select USAA Bank to add your checking account.
- Select USAA Mortgage to add your mortgage account.
Here's how to find bank names similar to the one you last chose:
- Close the browser window that contains your bank's website.
- Back in Quicken, click No, maybe I chose the wrong bank name.
- If you see another variation on your bank's name, click it, and try signing in.
If the steps above don't resolve the issue
The cause could be that the bank account login password uses special characters that interfere with Quicken's ability to download transactions. These special characters are ampersand (&), left carat (<), right carat (>), backslash (\), and forward slash (/). Having these characters in the password can also prevent you from activating an account for Quicken Connect. You will need to change your password with your bank to use characters other than these five special characters.
If the issue persists
Please contact Quicken Support so we can help fix this issue.