Error Codes: "-20" and " -30" When Printing to the Quicken PDF Printer
This error can occur if:
- You export a Quicken report to a word processing or spreadsheet program, such as Word or Excel, and then try to print to a PDF from there.
- You try to print a Quicken Help file to PDF.
To resolve this issue
The Quicken PDF Printer only works within Quicken itself. To avoid these errors, print Quicken reports to a PDF file from within the program only.
To print a Help topic, click Print on the desired Help topic and select your regular printer.
This error may also occur if you are using the Run as Administrator option. You can verify the application has not been set to Run as Administrator by following the steps below:
- Right-click the Quicken icon, and select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Uncheck the box next to Run this program as an administrator.
- Click Apply, then click OK.
- Run Quicken normally by double-clicking on the icon.
If the issue persists
If the steps above do not resolve the issue, follow the procedure below:
- Log in to your computer as an Administrator. If you are unable to log in to your computer as an Administrator, contact your system administrator for assistance.
- In Windows 10, right-click the Start button and select File Explorer. Locate the Quicken folder on your computer. By default, the Quicken folder is installed in C:\Program Files(x86)\Quicken\.
- Open the PDFdrv folder.
- Double-click the installPDFConverter.exe file.
- Click OK when the install is complete.
- Open Quicken and print to a PDF file to verify this option works.