Error Message: OL-220, OL-221, OL-222, OL-223, OL-224, OL-225, or OL-226 When Using Online Services
In order to make transaction download into Quicken possible, financial institutions create specifically-formatted Quicken files. Sometimes, these files are changed in a way that prevents them from downloading into Quicken.
Before you begin
- You may be able to successfully sign in to your bank's website, but still receive the error in Quicken, due to the issue with the file the bank is sending.
- You can follow the steps below to attempt to refresh the connection; this will ensure you're able to receive the latest file from your financial institution. However, this may ultimately need to be resolved by your bank.
- If you receive one of these errors in relation to Quicken Bill Pay, click here for steps to cancel the payment causing the error.
Find the Financial Institution that is causing the error
- Open Tools > One Step Update Summary to find the financial institution where this OL error is presented. Also, verify the exact error code you are getting to confirm it is one of the errors covered here.
- Open the account register for this financial institution account.
- Click Account Actions (button or gear icon) at the top right of the register.
- Select Update Now.
Wait and try again later
If completing the Update Now process doesn't clear up the issue, try updating your accounts the next business day. This error may be caused by a temporary financial institution server outage or maintenance that may be resolved the next day.
If the issue persists
If the issue is not resolved after waiting, you will need to identify the connection type of the affected account(s) to determine what next steps need to be taken. To do this, go to Tools > Account List, find the affected account(s), and confirm the connection type in parentheses in the Transaction Download column.
- Direct Connect - You will need to contact your financial institution to resolve this issue. Quicken does not have access to the financial institution's servers to correct the problem. This may require you ask to speak with an online services specialist that handles transaction download issues at the financial institution. If your financial institution states they can't assist, an escalation with the financial institution may be necessary.
- Express Web Connect - Please contact Quicken Support for further assistance.