Error When Updating Accounts: 103 or 101
One of the following errors is displayed when there are outdated login credentials stored in Quicken for Mac and/or the Keychain app.
- Error: 101 Add
- Error: 101 Connect
- Error 103
- Ccscrape 103
- Ccscrape 101
Note: Before completing the steps below, visit the Quicken Community's Online Banking Issues page to see if there are any known banking issues causing this error.
First, deactivate all the accounts with the affected financial institution
- Open Quicken.
- Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts;
- Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution (FI) that are hidden in Lists;
- When complete, click on the account name for your account(s) in the Accounts toolbar in Quicken.
- Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select the Downloads tab.
- Click on Disconnect Account.
- Click Done. Do this on each account with this FI.
- Quit Quicken.
Second, delete Quicken passwords from the Keychain
- Open Finder and go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app;
- On the left panel in the Keychain app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords.
- Find and delete any entries that show Quicken or Quicken Connect and this FI name;
- Quit the Keychain Access app and open Quicken.
Third, update the bank list in Quicken
- Go to Accounts > New and pick an account type matching one of the affected accounts.
- At the bottom of the window that lists the financial institutions, click the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon; then click Update List.
- When the list finishes updating, it will display the current date. Click the Show List button to continue.
Lastly, re-add the accounts
- Type the name of the financial institution and make the appropriate selection.
- Enter your login credentials and click Continue.
- When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI, very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have setup in Quicken.
If the issue persists
If the steps above do not resolve the issue, please contact Quicken Support.