Error When Updating Accounts: -31/CCscrape108
Quicken for Mac may return the following error when attempting to update accounts:
- Error -31 or CCscrape108 -
To resolve this issue
- Sign into the affected financial institution's website.
- Search for any messages or notifications relating to security or Quicken activation. (ex: some banks have a pop-up window that requires approval before they will allow downloads to Quicken)
- In Quicken, attempt to download transactions again.
If the issue persists
Deactivate the account(s)
- Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts.
- In the List column, find the account(s) causing the error and uncheck any accounts with this bank (be sure to uncheck all accounts with the bank, even if they're not showing an error). NOTE: If you don't have any accounts checked in the List column, skip this step and click OK.
- In the Account View, highlight each account (one at a time) and click the Settings button on the bottom right of the screen.
- Under the At Your Financial Institution section, click on Troubleshooting, then click on Deactivate Downloads.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to deactivate each account for the affected bank.
Then, reactivate and link the account(s)
- Click on Set up transaction download in Settings.
- At the bottom of the window that lists the banks, click the My bank is not listed question mark to update the bank list; when the list finishes updating, it should display the current date. Click the Show List button to continue.
- Type the name of your bank and select it from the list, then enter your login credentials and click Continue.
- Quicken will display a list of all the accounts you have with this bank. Carefully link each of these accounts to the appropriate account you've setup in Quicken.
If the steps above do not resolve the issue
You will need to contact the financial institution to clarify what action is required to allow transaction downloads in Quicken.