Error When Updating Accounts: CC-503
Important: If you are adding an account for the first time, make sure you select the correct bank name. For example, Acme Bank is in Quicken as Acme Bank but also has another instance, Acme Bank Card Services, that is designated for credit card accounts.
Step One: Verify your bank login information
- Type your password/PIN into a text application, such as Notepad, WordPad, or other text/word application.
Note: This is a way of confirming you don't have typographical errors in this field.
- Highlight the "confirmed" password and then copy it (Ctrl + C) and paste it (Ctrl + V) into the appropriate fields in Quicken.
Step Two: Verify your bank login at the bank's website
- Go to your bank's website and use your credentials to log in to the bank's website.
- Confirm that you're able to log in to the bank's website with the expected username and password.
Please note, Quicken has a 16-character limit for bank passwords. If your bank password is longer than 16 characters, it will need to be shortened.
Step Three: Update your password(s) in Quicken
- Launch Quicken and go to Tools > Password Vault > Add/Edit Passwords.
- Click on the account in the Password Vault.
- Choose Delete Password for the account.
- Complete a One Step Update, you will be prompted to enter the password manually.
- Type in the password (the same one used on the bank's website) and check in the box marked Save next to the password field.
- Click Update Now.
If the login ID or username also needs to be changed:
- Choose Tools > Account List.
- Click the Edit button next to the account you want to change the login ID for.
- In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
- Click Deactivate, and then click Yes to deactivate online services.
- Click Yes again, if necessary, to confirm your choice.
- Repeat these steps to deactivate all accounts at this same bank.
- Return to the Online Services tab, and click Set up Now for each account you've deactivated.
- Enter the correct login ID and follow the on-screen prompts to activate your account.