Error When Using Online Services: OL-231, OL-232, or OL-235
Learn why an OL-231, OL-232, or OL-235 occurs and what to do if you get one.
What is happening?
OL-231, OL-232, or OL-235 are caused when there is incorrect information about your bank in Quicken.
Why is this happening?
Quicken maintains information about how online services for your bank works in Quicken. If your bank has made changes to their online services you may need to update the information in Quicken. These changes may include a discontinuation of service(s) in Quicken.
What do I do?
If you can confirm with your financial institution that they have made no changes to service in Quicken, including any discontinuation, you can try your connection again the next business day. If the issue persists, follow the steps below or contact the Online Banking Support for your financial institution.
Refresh Branding & Profile:
- Choose the Tools menu > Online Center.
- Select the financial institution you want to update from the Financial Institution drop down menu.
- Hold down CTRL+Shift+F3 on your keyboard and click Contact Info at the top of the Online Center.
- Select the financial institution you want to update and click Refresh. The branding and profile information will be listed under current status as "needs updating."
- Click OK.
- Click Update/Send, enter your PIN, and complete the update to get the latest branding and profile information for this financial institution.
If this process fails to complete or fails to resolve the error, confirm you have a successfully completed Response from the Branding server:
- Go to Help > Log files and click on OFX Log.
- Click the Save As button and save the log to your Desktop.
- Double-clicked the saved file on your Desktop to open it with Notepad.
- Find (Ctrl + F) to search for the following string (you can Copy & Paste directly from this article into that search field):
RECV from https://ofx-prod-brand.intuit.com/
If this string is not found in the OFX Log on the date you performed the Refresh Branding & Profile, this indicates an unsuccessful connection attempt. To find out why Quicken cannot connect to the servers, troubleshoot connectivity for Quicken. Until you can connect to the branding servers, you will not be able to update your accounts in Quicken using any method - Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, or QFX Import (known as Web Connect).
If you use Windows XP
If the Connlog file (Help > Log Files) shows "The certificate authority is invalid or incorrect" when connecting to https://ofx-prod-brand.intuit.com for your product version, please follow the instructions for Windows XP Users to Update your computers root certificate to resolve this error.