Error When Using Online Services: OL-231, OL-232, or OL-235
OL-231, OL-232, or OL-235 are caused when there is incorrect information about your bank in Quicken. Quicken maintains information about how online services for your bank work in Quicken. If your bank has made changes to their online services you may need to update the information in Quicken. These changes may include a discontinuation of service(s) in Quicken.
What do I do?
If you can confirm with your financial institution that they have made no changes to service in Quicken, including any discontinuation, you can try your connection again the next business day. If the issue persists, follow the steps below or contact the Online Banking Support for your financial institution.
Refresh Branding & Profile:
- In the upper left, choose Tools > Online Center.
- Hold down CTRL+SHIFT on your keyboard and click Contact Info (at the top of the window) with your mouse.
- In the dialog box that is displayed, select the problem account from the drop down menu.
- With the account selected, check the box for Financial Institution Branding and Profile and click on the Refresh button.
- Repeat steps 2-4 for each account that is having problems.
- Click the Update/Send button at the top of the Online Center to complete the connection.
If this process fails to complete or fails to resolve the error, confirm you have a successfully completed Response from the Branding server:
- Go to Help > Log files and click on OFX Log.
- Click the Save As button and save the log to your Desktop.
- Double-click the saved file on your Desktop to open it with Notepad.
- Find (Ctrl + F) to search for the following string (you can Copy & Paste directly from this article into that search field):
RECV from https://ofx-prod-brand.intuit.com/
If this string is not found in the OFX Log on the date you performed the Refresh Branding & Profile, this indicates an unsuccessful connection attempt. To find out why Quicken cannot connect to the servers, troubleshoot connectivity for Quicken. Until you can connect to the branding servers, you will not be able to update your accounts in Quicken using any method - Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, or QFX Import (known as Web Connect).