Error When Using Online Services: OL-304
You may receive the following message when attempting to use online services in Quicken:
Your financial institution does not recognize the account [account name].
This error occurs:
- If an account has not been authorized for online services by your financial institution.
- The account has been closed.
- The account has not been set up correctly in Quicken.
If you've not yet applied for online services
Contact your financial institution to apply for online services. You may need to apply separately for each service. For example: online transaction download and online bill payment. After your bank has set up your services, follow the instructions below to deactivate and reactivate online services for the account in Quicken that is generating the error.
If your account has been closed
This error can also occur if an account has been closed at a financial institution, but its Quicken account remains active.
A common scenario is when a credit card is lost or stolen and has been intentionally cancelled to protect against fraudulent charges. While waiting for the new card to arrive, error OL-304 occurs every time you try to update the account in Quicken. The easiest thing to do is to simply ignore the error until the replacement credit card arrives and then follow the instructions below to deactivate and reactivate online services for the account. If you have intentionally cancelled a credit card and you do not want to reactivate it, simply stop after completing Step 6 below.
Deactivate and reactivate online services for the account
- Open the account register and accept any downloaded transactions.
- Choose Tools menu > Account List.
- Click the Edit button next to the account name.
- In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
- Click Deactivate, and then click Yes to deactivate online services.
- Click OK when prompted to confirm your choice.
- Back on the Online Services tab, click Set up Now and follow the on-screen prompts to activate online services for this account.
- Go to your account register and click Account Actions > Update Now. This will refresh your online setup information.