Error When Using Quicken Online Services: OL-293 or OL-294
Updating account information involves Quicken requesting information from your financial institution's server and the server responding with correct information. An OL-293 indicates Quicken did not receive the expected response from the server.
- A temporary server issue
- Online services are activated incorrectly
- Incorrect or outdated password credentials
First, wait and try again later
Try updating your account the next business day. If the problem persists, continue with the procedure below.
Second, verify your account services in Quicken
If you have not yet signed up for the bill payment service provided by your financial institution, but have enabled that service in Quicken, you will get this error. Make sure that your account settings in Quicken match the services currently provided by your financial institution. To do so:
- Choose Tools menu > Account List.
- Click the Edit button of the account you want to verify.
- In the Account Details dialog, verify that the account settings in Quicken match the services currently provided by your financial institution and make changes, as necessary, so the information matches.
- If you make changes, try to connect to your financial institution again (Choose Tools menu > One Step Update).
- If everything looks correct or if the problem persists, continue with the next procedure.
Note: Quicken Bill Pay is a 3rd party fee-for-service provided for Quicken customers. If you don't have a Quicken Bill Pay account but have activated your account in Quicken for this service, the server will not recognize the non-existent login and return this error.
Third, verify your password
With the convenience of the Password Vault in Quicken comes the opportunity to forget to change your password in Quicken when it has been changed at the financial institution. To update your password in Quicken:
- Choose Tools menu > One Step Update.
- Uncheck all options except for the financial institution that is reporting the error.
- Click the key icon to the right of the financial institution name.
- Enter your password.
- Click Update Now.
Lastly, refresh your online account information
- From your account register, select the Actions gear icon at the very top of your register (Ctrl + Shift + N).
- Select Update Now.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
- Repeat these steps for each financial institution experiencing this error.