How To Activate a Web Connect Account
To activate a Web connect account:
- On your financial institution's Web site, click the option to download your account information as a Web connect (QFX) file. If prompted, click Open.
- If this is the first time you have downloaded information for this account, or if Quicken cannot determine which account to download the transactions into, you are prompted to identify the Quicken account you use to track this financial information.
- If you have set up an existing Quicken account for this account, click Account already exists, then choose the account nickname from the drop-down menu.
- If you have not yet set up a Quicken account for this account, click Create a new Quicken account, and then click Continue.
- Click Continue. Your recent account history is downloaded from your financial institution to Quicken. Depending on the amount of information being sent, you may see a progress bar indicating how much of the transfer is complete.
- When your recent account history has been transferred, accept the downloaded transactions into Quicken.
- After the initial download and processing, you can download the Web connect file from the Online Center window by clicking Update/Send.
Note: With Web connect, you cannot send e-mail, make online transfers, or make payments through Quicken. However, these functions are available through direct connect. Please contact your financial institution to see if they support this download format.