How To Add a Certificate of Deposit (CD) To the Quicken Security List
Use this procedure to add a certificate of deposit (CD) to the Security List.
- Choose Investing menu > Security List.
- Select New.
- Enter a meaningful name, such as CD 07-15-2005, where 07-15-2005 is the maturity date. If you have more than one CD, make sure the name is unique.
- Click Next.
- Select Add manually.
- In the Security Type list, select CD.
- Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Asset Class: Select Cash.
- Maturity Date: Enter the date the CD will mature-when the funds will become available for withdrawal.
Recording a transaction in Quicken does not execute a real-world trade, transfer, or other transaction. Contact your broker to execute trades or transfers, and then manually record the transactions in Quicken-better yet, download them directly from your participating financial institution.