How To Add a Certificate of Deposit (CD) To the Quicken Security List
Use this procedure to add a certificate of deposit (CD) to the Security List.
- Choose Investing menu > Security List.
- Select New.
- Enter a meaningful name, such as CD 07-15-2018, where 07-15-2018 is the maturity date. If you have more than one CD, make sure the name is unique.
- Click Next.
- Select Add manually.
- In the Security Type list, select CD.
- Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Asset Class: Select Cash.
- Maturity Date: Enter the date the CD will mature-when the funds will become available for withdrawal.
Recording a transaction in Quicken does not execute a real-world trade, transfer, or other transaction. Contact your broker to execute trades or transfers, and then manually record the transactions in Quicken. Better yet, download them directly from your participating financial institution.
How do I record interest for a certificate of deposit (CD)?
Use the Income dialog to record the interest for a certificate of deposit in Quicken.
- Open the account you want to use.
- Click Enter Transactions.
- In the Enter Transaction list, choose Inc - Income.
- Fill in the Income dialog.