How To Assign Tax Form Line Items to a Category
Quicken allows you to assign tax form line items to specific categories. Quicken makes this information available in calculation tools and tax reports. This streamlines your tax preparation at the end of the year.
- Choose Tools menu > Category List.
- If the Tax Line Assignments fields are not visible on the right, select the Show Tax Line Item from the Options drop-down menu.
- Select the category to which you want to assign a tax line item, and choose Edit.
- In the Tax Line Item drop-down menu, select the tax form or tax line item that you want associated with this category. If the tax form you are looking for does not appear in the list, or if you know that it is a less commonly used form, select Extended List, and then look again.
- When you're done assigning tax forms to categories, click OK.