How To Assign Tax Form Line Items to a Category
Quicken allows you to assign tax form line items to specific categories. Quicken makes this information available in calculation tools and tax reports. This streamlines your tax preparation at the end of the year.
- Choose Tools menu > Category List.
- If the Tax Line Item fields are not visible on the right, check the Tax Line Item box from the gear icon drop-down menu.
- Right-click the category to which you want to assign a tax line item and choose Edit.
- In the Tax Reporting tab, the Tax Line Item for this category drop-down menu allows you to select the tax form or tax line item that you want associated with this category. If the tax form you are looking for does not appear in the list, or if you know that it is a less commonly used form, select Extended line item list, and then look again.
- Check the Tax related category box.
- When you're done assigning tax forms to categories, click Save.