How To Convert An Existing Account to a Different Currency
You can convert existing checking, savings, credit card, or cash accounts to a different currency. No other accounts, such as investment or loan accounts, can be converted. Instead, you will create a new account in the desired currency and then replace the existing account with the newly created one.
Note: Quicken does not maintain historical currencies. It will convert everything to the latest exchange rate.
To convert an existing checking, savings, credit card, or cash account to a different currency:
- From the Quicken Tools menu, choose Account List.
- Click Add Account.
- Select the account type under the Cash Flow heading and click Next.
- Enter an Account Name that differs from the original account, select the Financial Institution, and then click Next.
- Select the desired Currency, click Next, and then click Done.
Note: Leave the 0.00 in the Ending Balance field.
- Double-click the original account in the Account List window to open its register.
- Click Transfer.
- Select the account you created in step 5 from the To Account drop-down list.
- Enter the ending balance from the original account in the Amount field, and then click OK.
- If necessary, change the amount displayed for the new currency, and then click OK.