How do I add a linked checking account to an existing investment account?
In most cases, you can track your brokerage account's cash transactions from within the investment account. The one exception would be if you decide to use bill and income reminders with the cash in your investment account, in which case you will need to add a linked checking account to manage your investment account's cash transactions.
- Choose Tools > Accounts List.
- Select the investment account to which you'd like to add a linked checking account, and then click Edit.
- If necessary, click the General tab.
- For the Show cash in a checking account option, select Yes.
- Quicken prompts you to back up your data file. After the backup is completed, Quicken creates the linked checking account with the same name as your investment account, plus the suffix Cash.
- Click OK to close the Account Details dialog and save your changes.
Quicken converts all transactions in the investment account to their transfer equivalents. For example, Buy transactions are converted to BuyX transactions, Sell transactions are converted to SellX transactions, and so on.
What if my investment account and my checking account are linked and I need to delete one?
Before you can delete either account, you'll need to unlink them. To do this:
- Choose Tools menu > Account List.
- Click the Edit button next to the investment account you would like to unlink.
- On the General tab, select No next to Show cash in a checking account.