How do I enter accounts and transactions manually in Quicken for Windows?
If you prefer not to download transactions directly from your bank or your bank is not in the list of supported financial institutions, you can manually add your transactions instead.
Adding a manual account
- At the top of the Account Bar, click the + (plus sign) button.
- Select which type of account you'd like to create.
- Click on Advanced Setup below the list of financial institutions. (as pictured below)
- Select I want to enter my transactions manually, then click Next.
- Name your account and click Next.
- Enter your account's statement end date and statement ending balance amount, then click Next.
Adding transactions manually
Once you've set up your account register, you are ready to add your transactions manually.
- Select the account on the left to open your account register.
- Your cursor will be focused on the date. You can use your tab key on your keyboard to move across each entry point (or Shift+Tab to tab backwards).
- Once you've entered the transaction, click Save on the right.