How do I enter accounts and transactions manually in Quicken for Windows?
If you prefer not to download transactions directly from your bank or your bank is not in the list of supported financial institutions, you can manually add your transactions instead.
- Select Add an Account in the left corner of Quicken.
- Select which type of account you'd like to create.
- Click on Advanced Setup below the list of financial institutions.
- Select I want to enter my transactions manually, then click Next.
- Name your account and select which currency you'd like to use, then click Next.
- Enter your account's statement end date and statement ending balance amount, then click Next.
- That's it! You can select to either add another account or click Finish to close the window.
Once you've setup your account register, you are ready to add your transactions manually.
- Select the account on the left to open your account register.
- Your cursor will be focused on the date. You can use your tab key on your keyboard to move across each entry point (or shift+tab to tab backwards).
- Once you've entered the transaction, click Save on the right.