How Do I Install or Reinstall Quicken for Windows From a CD?
If you did not purchase a CD copy, and you need to download a copy of Quicken to install or reinstall the program, follow the instructions here.
If you have Quicken on a CD and your computer doesn't have a CD/DVD Drive, click here.
To install or reinstall Quicken:
Installing and reinstalling Quicken both follow the same process:
- Insert the Quicken CD into your CD drive. Installation should start automatically.
What if the CD installation does not start automatically?
Start the CD manually:
a. Close all open applications.
b. Right-click the Microsoft Windows Start button and select File Explorer (in Windows 7, click the Start button and select My Computer).
c. In the File Explorer, click This PC then double-click the DVD/CD Drive (in Windows 7, double-click the DVD/CD Drive in the My Computer folder).
d. Click OK, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- The first window you'll see says Welcome! We'll guide you through the setup of Quicken 2017. Click "Let's go" to continue.
- The next step is to accept the license agreement. If you accept, check I agree to the terms... then click Next.
- The default location where Quicken will be installed is the destination folder. This is located on your local hard drive. Click "Install" to continue.
- The next few windows you'll see will show your progress installing Quicken and will install updates, if available.
- When complete, you'll see Installation Complete! Quicken will open when you click Done. If you're not ready to open Quicken yet, just uncheck the box below Start using Quicken now.
- Once Quicken is open, sign in with your Email or Intuit ID and password. Then complete the registration (tell us about yourself). Quicken will automatically open your most recent data file or you can open a new file. If you get an "Oops" or "Unknown Error" message when trying to sign in and complete the registration, click here.
What is the Intuit ID?
You can find answers to frequently asked questions here.
This video will walk you through the installation of Quicken for Windows 2016, the same process applies to Quicken for Windows 2017 :