How do I Install or Reinstall Quicken for Windows?
Installing Quicken for Windows is a very easy, fast process. If you have an older version of Quicken on your computer, you don't need to uninstall it first -- Quicken will clean up your old version before installing the new one, and make an automatic backup of your Quicken file for safekeeping.
Note: If you need to download a copy of Quicken to install or reinstall the program, go here.
Once you're ready. . .
- Double-click the Quicken download or insert the Quicken CD into your CD drive. Installation should start automatically.
What if the CD installation does not start automatically?
Start the CD manually:
- Close all open applications.
- Click the Microsoft Windows Start button and select Run or hold down the Windows key then tap the R key.
- In the Open field, enter D:\INSTALL.EXE, where D is the name of your CD-ROM drive.
- Click OK, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- The first window you'll see says Welcome! We'll guide you through the setup of Quicken 2017. Click "Let's go" to continue.
- The next step is to accept the license agreement. If you accept, check I agree to the terms... then click Next.
- The default location where Quicken will be installed is the destination folder. This is located on your local hard drive. Click "Install" to continue.
- The next few windows you'll see will show your progress installing Quicken and will install updates, if available.
- When complete, you'll see Installation Complete! Quicken will open when you click Done. If you're not ready to open Quicken yet, just uncheck the box below Start using Quicken now.
This video will walk you through the installation of Quicken for Windows 2016, the same process applies to Quicken for Windows 2017 :
Now that you have Quicken installed, would you like some help setting up your finances?