How Do I Install or Reinstall Quicken for Windows From a CD?
Before you begin:
- If you did not purchase a CD copy, and you need to download a copy of Quicken to install or reinstall the program, follow the instructions here.
- If you have Quicken on a CD and your computer doesn't have a CD/DVD Drive, click here.
- If you're having issues with the Quicken ID, click here.
- If you get an "Oops" or "Unknown Error" message when trying to sign in and complete the registration, click here.
- If you need help activating your Quicken Subscription version, click here.
To install or reinstall Quicken:
Installing and reinstalling Quicken both follow the same process:
- Insert the Quicken CD into your CD drive. Installation should start automatically.
What if the CD installation does not start automatically?
Start the CD manually:
a. Close all open applications.
b. In Windows 10: Right-click the Microsoft Windows Start button and select File Explorer. In Windows 7: Click the Start button and select My Computer.
c. In the File Explorer, click This PC then double-click the DVD/CD Drive (in Windows 7, double-click the DVD/CD Drive in the My Computer folder).
d. Click OK and follow the on-screen instructions.
- The first window you'll see says Welcome! We'll guide you through the setup of Quicken. Click "Let's go" to continue.
- Quicken 2017 and 2016 only: The next step is to accept the license agreement. If you accept, check I agree to the terms... then click Next.
- The default location where Quicken will be installed is the destination folder. This is located on your local hard drive. Click "Install" to continue.
- The next few windows you'll see will show your progress installing Quicken and will install updates, if available.
- When complete, you'll see Installation Complete! Quicken will open when you click Done. If you're not ready to open Quicken yet, just uncheck the box below Start using Quicken now.
- Once Quicken is open, sign in with your Quicken ID and password. Then complete the registration (tell us about yourself). Quicken will automatically open your most recent data file or you can open a new file.
When the installation is complete, we recommend to follow the steps here to confirm you are on the latest release for your version of Quicken.
Quicken for Windows 2016 users: If you have installed Quicken for Windows 2016 and are unable to open the program, follow the steps here.