How do I update Quicken for Windows?
When you update Quicken, you are downloading and installing a free patch release for the version of Quicken you currently using.
- How do I know if I need to update my software?If you download your financial transactions from your bank in Quicken, as part of that process Quicken checks to see if you are on the latest release. If you're not, it updates your software.You can check your release version in Quicken by selecting Help menu > About Quicken.
Update your Quicken software when you download your latest financial transactions with One Step Update.
- Select the Tools menu > One Step Update.
- Click Update Now.
- If an update to Quicken is available, Quicken displays a window that describes what's in the update, as well as brief instructions for downloading the update.
- You'll need to exit Quicken to run the update program.
- When you exit, all your work is saved, and you can resume working as soon as the update finishes.
If you'd like to manually download your software update, go here for the steps and links to the files.
Were you looking for something else?
I want to upgrade my software by purchasing a newer, or different, version of Quicken.
If you are using an older version of Quicken and want to upgrade your software to a newer version, or you want to upgrade the flavor (such as go from Starter Edition to Deluxe Edition), swing by our online store. Although we periodically offer discounts for our software, we do not have an upgrade price. When you upgrade, you are purchasing a full version.
I'm looking for the manual or mondo patch update.
Download Quicken's Manual or Mondo patch and view the current version's release notes. Choose your version below.
I need to install my Quicken software.
We'll help you get up and running in Quicken as a new or existing user. Choose the option below that best describes you.
I've installed Quicken and need to get my financial information into my new software.
The process of moving your financial information from an older version to a newer version is called conversion - whether you are converting from Quicken for Windows or Quicken for Mac.
- If you are converting from an older version of Quicken for Windows to a newer version of Quicken for Windows, you just need to open your old data file or backup in the new version to convert the file. Quicken does the conversion on its own.
- If you are converting from Quicken for Mac to Windows, go here.
I want to update my financial accounts to get my latest transactions.
Quicken's One Step Update helps you get your latest transactions from your financial institutions.