How do I update Quicken for Windows?
When you update Quicken, you are downloading and installing a free patch release for the version of Quicken you're currently using. You can view the differences between updates, upgrades, and versions here.
How do I know if I need to update my software?
When you download transactions from your bank, Quicken also checks to see if you're on the latest release. If you're not, Quicken will prompt you to update. You can also check your release version in Quicken, by selecting Help > About Quicken.
Note: If you were using Quicken 2017 and purchased the Subscription Release of Quicken, you will need to download and install the Subscription Release. For instructions, click here.
To update Quicken:
- Go to Help > Check for Updates. If you do not see the Check for Updates option, follow the Update Quicken via One Step Update instructions below.
- If an update is available, a prompt will appear giving you the option to install it.
- Click Yes to install the update.
Note: You'll need to exit Quicken to run the update program. When you exit, all of your work is saved, and you can pick up where you left off as soon as the update finishes.
Update Quicken via One Step Update
If you do not see the Check for Updates option, you can update via the One Step Update by following these steps:
- Select Tools > One Step Update.
- Click Update Now.
- If an update is available, Quicken displays a message with a link to a description of what's in the update, as well as a button to download the update.
The Download Update button needs to be clicked to initiate the patch download.
If you'd like to manually download your software update (also known as a Mondo patch), you can find the list of updates for supported versions here.
Problems Updating Accounts
If you are experiencing issues downloading transactions to your accounts, you can find connectivity troubleshooting steps here.
Quicken 2017 or Older
Updates are only available for currently-supported versions of Quicken. Quicken 2017 and older versions are no longer supported. You'll want to upgrade your product to receive updates and to access online services. You can also view the Discontinuation Policy for discontinuation dates.