How To Enter a Stock Split
32 people found this helpful
- In the Account Bar list, select the account you want to use.
- Click Enter Transactions.
- In the Enter Transaction list, select Stock Split.
- Use this dialog to record the split.
- Transaction dateEnter the date on which the split occurred.
- Security name and AccountOne of these fields will be prefilled, depending on the location from which you accessed the Stock Split dialog.
- New shares and Old sharesEnter the ratio of new shares to old. For example, if the stock split is 2-for-1, enter 2 in the New Shares field and 1 in the Old Shares field.
- Price after splitEnter the new post-split stock price in the Price After Split field. In a 2-for-1 split, your number of shares would be doubled, but the price per share would be reduced by half. The market value of your total holdings of this security would be unchanged.
- Transaction date
Note: For a 1-for-2 reverse stock split, enter 1 in the New Shares field and 2 in the Old Shares field.