How To Hide and View Hidden Securities
To conceal a security from future use but keep the transactions that use that security for record keeping and tax purposes, hide the security rather than delete it from your file. When you hide a security, the hidden security no longer appears in the Security List.
To hide a security:
- From the Quicken Investing menu, choose Security List.
- Select the security to hide, and then click Hide at the top of the window.
To view hidden securities in the Security List:
From the Investing menu, choose Security List.
Click Options and then choose View Hidden Securities.
When hidden securities are visible in the list, a hand icon will appear near the name. To remove hidden items from visibility, repeat the steps to view hidden securities.
To make a security available:
- From the Investing menu, choose Security List.
- If the hidden security is not showing in the Security List, click Options, and then choose View Hidden Securities.
- Select the security, and then click Hide at the top of the window. The hand icon will disappear.