How To Resolve Temp_ Accounts
Temp_ accounts are created when Quicken is unable to process the account data it is receiving from your financial institution. Rather than drop the data, it creates a Temp_ account and populates it with the transaction data it could not properly interpret.
Important: Make sure to create a backup of your data file before continuing with the steps below.
To resolve this issue:
- Click File > File Operations > Validate and Repair
- Check Validate file
- Click OK. After the Validation process is finished, you will see the Data_Log appear in a Notepad window. This file is a summary of the Validation results
- Close Quicken and re-open it then attempt to update your accounts again
If the above steps don't resolve the problem:
If you are still experiencing issues with Temp_ accounts, try these steps:
- Deactivate all your accounts by going to Tools > Account List > Edit (next to each account) > Online Services tab, then click Deactivate.
- Go to File > File Operations > Copy (don't choose Year End Copy for this procedure).
- Leave all the settings, including file name and checkboxes, at their default (change nothing on this screen).
- After the Copy is complete, choose to Open New Copy.
- In the New Copy, go to File > File Operations > Validate & Repair > Validate file to ensure there are no lingering issues with the data in this file.
- When this process is complete, close Quicken and re-open it
- Reactivate your accounts by going to Tools > Account List > Edit > Online Services tab, then click Set Up Now
If the problem persists, Contact Quicken Support.