How To Resolve Temp_ Accounts
On occasion, an interruption will occur during an account update that will disrupt the download. Instead of erasing the incomplete data, Quicken creates a temporary account to place the data into. These appear as Temp_ accounts.
Important: Make sure to create a backup of your data file before continuing with the steps below.
To resolve this issue:
- Click File > File Operations > Validate and Repair
- Check Validate file
- Click OK. After the Validation process is finished, you will see the Data_Log appear in a Notepad window. This file is a summary of the Validation results
- Close Quicken and re-open it then attempt to update your accounts again
If the above steps don't resolve the problem:
If you are still experiencing issues with Temp_ accounts, try these steps:
- Deactivate all your accounts by going to Tools > Account List > Edit (next to each account) > Online Services tab, then click Deactivate.
- Go to File > File Operations > Copy (don't choose Year End Copy for this procedure).
- Leave all the settings, including file name and checkboxes, at their default (change nothing on this screen).
- After the Copy is complete, choose to Open New Copy.
- In the New Copy, go to File > File Operations > Validate & Repair > Validate file to ensure there are no lingering issues with the data in this file.
- When this process is complete, close Quicken and re-open it.
- Reactivate your accounts by going to Tools > Add Account (or the + sign above the account list), then re-add the deactivated account(s). Make certain when the accounts are located and listed that you LINK the accounts. If the list shows "Add" next to the account, it needs to be changed to "Link" or the account will be duplicated.
If the problem persists, Contact Quicken Support.