How to Set Up and Sync Accounts from Quicken to Mobile/Web
When you sync your Quicken data file to the Quicken Cloud, you'll have access to your accounts from your mobile device or on Quicken on the Web.
Before you begin
The Quicken Cloud transmits your information between Quicken Desktop, Quicken on the Web, and Quicken Mobile, but it is not a backup service. You can't restore Quicken data from the Quicken Cloud, and you can't access the Quicken Cloud from anywhere except the desktop, web or mobile Quicken products.
Furthermore, the Quicken Mobile App and Quicken on the Web are companion apps designed to sync with the desktop software. If you need a standalone mobile app to help you manage your finances, try Simplifi by Quicken. For more information, click here.
Quicken for Windows
First, set up Quicken Mobile Sync in Quicken Desktop:
- Open Quicken and go to the Mobile & Web tab. Depending on the sizing of the Quicken window, the Mobile & Web tab may be located in the More tab.
- Click Get Started to select the accounts you want to sync to your mobile device.
- Place a check next to each account you want to sync to mobile.
- After selecting the accounts you want to sync, type your bank password(s) in the field(s) above the accounts and click Done. Then, click Done again on the Accounts Synced dialog.
To sync your Quicken data to Quicken Mobile:
- Click Sync Now under the Mobile & Web tab
- Go to your mobile app and sign in with your Quicken ID
- Swipe down on the Mobile App home screen. All the data from the cloud is then downloaded to your mobile device.
Note: To sync whenever you perform a One Step Update, just select Sync to Quicken Cloud under your One Step Update settings:
Quicken for Windows (Video)
If you have problems syncing your accounts, you can find troubleshooting steps here.
What to know
- After you set up mobile/web sync in your Quicken file, you'll begin syncing transactions to the Quicken Cloud. You can then sync from the Quicken Cloud to your mobile device or Quicken on the Web, so you can always see your latest transactions.
- Information moves in both directions between your desktop and mobile device, and from your mobile device to Quicken desktop. Two-way sync means that transaction updates (like categorizing a transaction or adding a recent purchase) on the mobile device will sync to your Quicken desktop file and be added to your Quicken file.
- After syncing, everything will match. Transactions, balances, and budget results, regardless of where you choose to view your data.
- You should use your Quicken ID to log in to the mobile app. Your Quicken file is associated with your Quicken ID; log in with your Quicken ID to sync your mobile device to your Quicken file.
- Transactions will sync back to May 1st, 2017. Transactions before that date will not appear in mobile/web.
- For more information about the Quicken Mobile Companion App, see our Companion App User Guide.