How To Set Your Printer To Print Checks in Quicken
If you have a page-oriented printer, you can assume that you should insert checks in the paper tray or envelope feeder the same way that you would insert standard letterhead paper.
Important: Checks cannot be printed on regular printer paper. To order supported checks, click here.
Set up a printer
- Choose File menu > Printer Setup > For Printing Checks.
- From the Printer list, select your printer.
- Choose Page-oriented.
- Choose the check style you're using.
- Choose a full page source, and if necessary, a partial page printing style and a partial page source.
- Click OK.
- Be sure the printer is turned on, is online, and is loaded with blank paper or a sample check.
- Click Align.
Check 21 is a federal law enacted to help banks handle more checks electronically. Because check scanners may reject checks that use an incompatible font style or size in the numeric dollar amount field, you can print only checks from Quicken that use Arial (font), Regular (font style), 10 pt (font size) in this field. The font style and size of all other typed fields do not interfere with the Check 21 restrictions, so you again have the flexibility to change this information in Quicken.