How do I Install or Uninstall Quicken for Mac?
Before you begin
Quicken for Mac is available for download from Quicken.com, the Mac App Store, or Amazon.com. If you need to download Quicken again, just go to the site you've purchased Quicken from and log into your account.
For instructions on downloading Quicken if you purchased from Quicken.com, click here.
Install Quicken for Mac from a download
- If the file doesn't open automatically, drag the Quicken icon from your installation disk into your Applications folder, or find the download on your computer and double-click on the file. If you double-click the download and nothing opens, restart your system and try again.
When installing the 2018 Release of Quicken, you simply need to double-click the icon that appears in the install prompt:
- If prompted, enter the administrator's account name and password.
- Double-click the Quicken icon in your Applications folder to launch the program.
- To open the new Subscription Release of Quicken, you'll need to select the Quicken icon with no version year:
Subscription Release of Quicken icon example
- To open Quicken 2017 or older, you'll need to select the icon with the corresponding version year:
Quicken 2017 icon example
Install Quicken for Mac using a CD
- Insert the Quicken CD into your CD drive.
- Double-click the Installer file, which can be found by opening your CD folder or in your default download location. If you double-click the file and nothing opens, restart your system and try again.
- Click Continue in the Welcome window.
- Click Accept to the Software License Agreement.
- Click Install to install Quicken to the location shown. To install Quicken in a different location, choose the location, and then click Install.
- Follow the on-screen installation instructions.
- If the Quicken program prompts you to restart the computer, click Restart. Otherwise, click Quit.
Note: You can uninstall prior versions of Quicken once the new version has been successfully installed. This will not create an issue with your Quicken data.
Uninstall Quicken for Mac
Uninstalling Quicken for Mac is an easy, two-step process:
- Locate Quicken in your Applications folder.
- Drag the Quicken icon into the Trash.
Once Quicken is moved to the Trash folder, the uninstall is complete.
- If you are having issues getting Quicken to install, try restarting your Mac and then attempt the install again.
- If it appears like Quicken isn't opening after completing the install, it could be that the Quicken window is hidden. Right-click the Quicken icon in the Dock and select Show All Windows. If the Quicken window appears, click it to bring it to the forefront.