IRA Transfers Fail to Appear on Tax Reports
Transfers to or from an IRA account using a Brokerage account don't appear on the Tax Schedule or Tax Summary reports. These same transaction using a Banking account, rather than an Investing account, appear as expected on these reports.
Record the Distribution in the "destination" account rather than the "source" account, when transferring those funds from the IRA account to another Investing-type account (example: Brokerage)
- Click on the Brokerage account
- Click in the Action field
- Select Deposit from the drop-down list
- Enter a Payee Name that reflects the IRA account and activity being recorded - example: "My IRA Distribution"
- Enter the IRA account in the Category field - example: [My IRA]
- Enter the amount of the transfer
- Click the Enter button
- Run the Tax report to confirm that your transaction now appears as expected.
If recording from the "destination" account is undesirable, a "3-way transfer" could be used. This involves transferring from the IRA account to a Banking-type (or Cash) account, then creating a new Transfer from the cash account to the Brokerage account.